We are going virtual for 2021!
Q: Is this event UCWDC sanctioned?
A: MidAtlantic Dance Classic is a fully sanctioned UCWDC event as it has run historically (in person). The discussion on virtual competition sanctioning will occur during the UCWDC Spring Council Meeting. February 18 and 19, 2021.
Q: Will this event be 'Live'?
A: Dancers will submit their videos using music cuts provided by the event prior to the competition. Dances will be grouped into heats just like a regular competition. The competition will be streamed online in the heat format and then awards will be announced from a live feed!
Q: How do I... ???
A: The competition will run in the same required format, you just won't have to get up at 5 am to start hair and makeup! Plan to record your entries in early April. (That means you should start practicing now!)
Here's the general flow-
1. Register for your dances based on dance type (ProAm, Line, Couples), dance level (Newcomer, etc) and age category (Open, Crystal, etc). Please verify your email address and phone number at the time of registration.
2. You will receive the instructions on video requirements and music for your registered division and dances from the event via email.
3. Video your dances based on the instructions and submit by the early April deadline (TBD). Your files will be reviewed by a neutral party to ensure it meets the requirements for the event and contacted if an alternate submission is required.
4. Dance entries will be judged by UCWDC certified judges with the same contest coordination requirements as an in person competition.
5. Log in to watch competition the weekend of the event! Cheer for your dance family! Awards will be announced during the event weekend. Prizes will be mailed and scores will be sent post event via email.
More information will be posted as it becomes available!
Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you!!!!
Email to: email@example.com